About GATE EXAM
GATE is stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.This exam is conducted every year in the month of February jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven top Indian Institutes of Technologies (IIT) names as IIT-Kharagpur, Kanpur, Delhi, Madras, Guwahati, Roorke, Bombay. First GATE exam was conducted in 1984.First GATE exam was conducted in 1984. GATE exam of 2018 was conducted by IIT-Guwahati. Next exam will be conducted by IIT Madras in 2019 as GATE 2019 from 2nd February to 10th February about which All you need to know about Gate 2019.
This exam is entrance test to take admission in various top level college of post-graduation for higher studies that is master of engineering, master of technology and doctor of philosophy. GATE revolution is the leading and best coaching institute to start the preparation for GATE 2019 exam.
Exam Pattern and details
When we start preparing for any exam than very first basic need to explore three things that are What-Why-When .In this blog post you get to know every detail about GATE exam from head to tail. Very first question arise in the students mind which is the best institute for GATE coaching and the answer varies considering many factors which we describe later in the post. But if you have no time to read the complete article than we recommends you to visit GATE revolution institute before searching other institutes.
Here are some latest details about GATE score card and exam pattern which will help you in your preparations.
- GATE 2019 is computer based standardised test or an online test with multiple choice questions conducted for 24 papers of engineering.
- It consist of 65 questions of total 100 marks and divided in three sections
- a) General aptitude
- b) Engineering Mathematics
- c) From respective Subject (Students chosen as per their stream)
- Two types of questions are there
- a) Multiple choice questions
- b) Numerical Answer type
You can check previous year question paper here: previous year questions
- Total duration of exam is 3 hour each question is of 1 marks or 2 marks as per question weightage
- Negative marking for wrong question is 1/3 and 2/3 for 1 marks and two marks question.
- GATE score is valid for 3 year from the date of announcement of result.
Some time students who are not familiar with exam raise a misconception about GATE exam as it is only entrance exam for admission in ME/M.Tech.
We are providing a list where you can use your GATE score card.
GATE is necessary in PSUs( public service undertaking )
2) Direct recruitment to group A level posts in Central government and other private limited organisations.
3) GATE qualifier can use his score cards for admission in mater programs and direct doctoral programs
4) GATE score card use for financial assistance or scholarships.
This is the much information to take first step toward GATE 2019 exam preparation. Now the very important thing is preparing for exam. Which institute is best, which books are best, time scheduling and duration, test series etc. When a student sets his goal of qualifying a competitive exam he goes through various things and sometime gets confused. But today everything is available on internet so he can resolve his queries in no time. First and foremost thing is selecting best institute for his GATE coaching or preparation. We can see number of coaching institutes at every nook and corner of cities. But the faculty in some institutes is not very professional and experienced which can prove an obstacle in success. In north India Delhi and Chandīgarh is very popular for best institutes for GATE coaching. In Chandigarh sector 34-a is famous as an education hub where all type of competitive exam coaching institutes are situated. Some of them are very success ensuring, one of the best institutes is
GATE revolution which has achieved a milestone inGATE preparation by producing best GATE results in country. Most of the top rank candidates are student of this institute.
Some facts about GATE revolution institute are:
- Faculty is the key to success for every competitive and general exam. GATE revolution has well experienced and highly qualified team of teachers and staff.
- Infrastructure is not a big issue for dedicated students but a good infrastructure provides a good atmosphere for study. It helps you to keep concentrated and boost your energy. This institute provide a top-quality learning atmosphere to the students.
- Study material is very important to give pace your studies. If you are a very industrious and dedicated toward your goal but works hard on low result productive books then it can disappoints you. Study material provided by GATE revolution is prepared by most experienced teachers and prepared by keeping only one aim in mind that is qualifying the GATE exam in first attempt .
- 100% successful track record makes the GATE revolution best in the field and separates from others.
- Small size of batches provides the students easy to interact way with teachers’ .Students can resolve their queries very easily.
Some of the very basic questions which rise in every students mind are
- Am I eligible?
- Percentage criteria for exam?
- IES exam or GATE?
- When will be the exam?
And lot of many more questions which always confused the students. To answer these questions visit the this link What-When-Why-How
Upcoming GATE exam is GATE 2019 so we recommend you don’t waste your precious time and start preparing from now .Because more you time spent on studies more the chances of success. In competition exams students have to give their best there is only one thing either you qualify or you fail. No second and third position is there. Qualifying GATE examination is not a big deal but the real challenge is decorating your score card with excellent marks and passes the exam with flying colours and scores 75+ marks.
These are some strategies and tips which are defined and prepared by the faculty of GATE revolution which will help you in your preparation for GATE 2019.
- Get familiar with syllabus and marks weightage for different type of questions.
- Analyse each subject and important topics.
- Go through previous year papers.
- Select good books, study material and don’t waste your time on irrelevant books.
- GATE exam is based on concepts everyone who is preparing for exam firstly should clear his/her basic concepts.
- Practice makes a doer perfect is likely applicable in study so practice more and more mock tests and online test series.
- Revise again and again will help you to remember numerical part of you exam.
Sometime a student prepared whole year with his best dedication and devote his maximum time to the studies but on the exam day nothing helps him because of some reasons like stress, exam day pressure and wrong paper attempt strategy.
Some experienced teachers have made effective strategies to tackle the exam day problems.
- Start from easy to difficult level it will boost your confidence and helps to concentrate in examination hall.
- Don’t attempt question in hurry sometime silly mistakes can fall your score to disappointing level.
- Attempt group questions because these questions have good weightage in exam.
- Give equal preference to the mathematics and general aptitude because these two sections holds 30% marks and very easy in attempt.
- Don’t spent long times on single question you are advised to go through complete question paper in first attempt of reading.
- As GATE exam has negative marking so don’t use hit and trial or guess work. It will deduct your marks without any benefit.
- Calmness and focus will remove stress from your mind if stuck in some difficult questions leave them and try to solve easy question.
These dos and don’ts will definitely help you in examination hall. Now it’s high time to prepare for GATE 2019 with full energy and motivation. Register with GATE revolution and give spark to your preparations.
Important information about GATE 2019
- This year IIT Madras will conduct the exam.
- One new subject, Statics has been added this year.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor degree (Engineering/Technology) to apply for GATE exam.
- Important dates :
|Availability of exam form
||September 1 to September 21
||January 4, 2019
||2,3,9,10 February 2019
|Answer key issue
||March 14, 2019
||March 16, 2019
|Download Score card
||March 20-May 31 2019
|GATE counselling Schedule starts
||March 26, 2019 onward
|These are tentative dates and can be changed in future
||GATE helpdesk 03612586500
As the exam form release on official website millions of students start preparing and the competition become tough day by day. But the students who don’t wait for release of exam form and have been preparing already will win the completion definitely. GATE revolution has started its various batches for GATE 2019 in different stream. You visit the institute and enrol you admission to take over the last time difficulties near the exam. Visit the link to know more about the institute. GATE 2019 success programme will ensure your success in exam.
Enroll now, and guarantee your seat of brilliance at Gate Revolution
Chandigarh Office: SCO 85-86, 3rd Floor Sector 34-A, Chandigarh, 160022
Patiala Office: SCO 141 3rd floor Chotti Baradari
For more information, click here
Phone no: +91-9310515455
All You Need To Know About Gate 2019